? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

14 May 2008

Mother's Day Recap

We spent Saturday at Mom's place in Bumpass, which is affectionately known as "The Farm," all five acres of it. (Yes, Bumpass is the correct name of the "town" too.) Of course, it's not really a farm. That would mean cows and stuff, but Mom does have two Jack Russels and a fledgling garden so maybe that counts. But for we three (Mom, Aimee & I) ex-NOVA-ites, it's a farm. We had a wonderful time! Mom has an amazing gift for making every celebration beautiful. She also bought us barbecue from a locally famous barbecue pit, and we ate outside under an ancient oak we affectionately call Molly. (I guess we're into naming things too.)

Aimee and Chris inspecting Molly's nose.

On Sunday Caroline couldn't wait to wish me a happy Mother's Day with a huge smile spread across her face. A sweet surprise as she is not one to usually greet the day singing! My darling hubby fixed my favorite breakfast, French Toast, and at my request lots of coffee. After church I took a really long nap and watched a movie from Netflix that I have had for six months! (Oops.) My fam also surprised me with two rose bushes and a white porch swing for our front porch. Can't wait to sit on the veranda sipping my java with an excessive amount of French vanilla creamer! Lastly, we headed off to the Fields' where my sweet Daddy-in-law grilled steaks and strongly suggested that we could not have gotten a better dinner anywhere else! (Maybe because we were supposed to meet them out for dinner, but that's a different story.) Oh, and let me not forget that Donald's mom makes amazing potato salad! It was a really nice visit. I especially liked listening to David recount stories of his grandmother and his experiences of growing up in the coal fields of WVA.



This is what the kids made for their Grandmas.


To top off the day, my darling stayed up late with me to watch the movie 27 Dresses! I love my man! Thanks darling, for giving me such a special day. I know that behind this "great" mom stands an even better dad.