? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

16 November 2008

Compulsive Catch-Up

Alas, my love-hate relationship with my blog continues. I love it when I am on a roll and I feel as though I have successfully documented every cute photo and monumental moment in our lives, but am so frustrated when compelled to catch up on the past two months! It reminds me of all those stray diaries and scrapbooks I come across occasionally with only 3 entries. However, I am returning to Blog Land once again and before the holidays! Here is a quick jaunt through my favorite October memories.

Erin and Kenny came to visit! They moved to San Diego close to 5 years ago, and can't you tell?! Look at those boots, my friends! No one is near hip enough to get away with those in our little town! Erin, Kim, and I taught together at Central and became fast friends. These two are precious to me! We were having so much fun catching up that I could have camped out for a week.

Our nephew visited on the 18th. I especially love to watch these kiddos play together! It's so fun knowing they will be friends for life. (Tidbit about moi: I didn't have a single cousin until I was 12!)

Mom had an amazing bon fire on the 18th to celebrate the season. Her boyfriend Jimmy brought his crew, so we got to meet "the family" for the first time which went really well. We were also able to hang out with Laurie, a dear family friend, who is nothing but fun. So in short lots of food, good music, goofing around, and again lots of marshmallows!

On the 22nd we went to a local jogging trail and picnicked with Grammy. What a great way to spend the afternoon!

Caroline and Jackson climbed a tree while there. Is this a no-no? Kind of like swimming after eating; you're supposed to wait a half hour or something? =Just kidding.=

This is one of my artsy shots from the trail. I could not stop taking photos of the foliage this year. It was gorgeous! (Unfortunately, the geese that usually banquet here were already on vacation the day we visited.)

And yes my friends, this is yours truly "jogging" on the trail.

And this is my little miss helping her momma finish the course.

FUBC had their annual Fall Festival which is always so much fun. We have an amazing puppet ministry that C absolutely loves. It's all about Joey the Puppet! One of the best parts of this afternoon was the cake walk. Little Miss walked away with a plate full of chocolate Rice Krispy treats. It was neat to watch elderly people using walkers along side daddies holding little people learning to walk all gallivanting around the cake walk. Nothing like sugar to unite the generations!

Oh my, and there was this afternoon...

I was chatting on the phone and wondered why J was suspiciously quiet. I walked into his room and this is what I found! As if an alien had politely set him up for a portrait. Little Dude was quite content and very proud of himself, although check out his look: "Busted.


FYI when you marry a southern boy breakfast is no longer about eggs Benedict and French toast. It becomes all about the biscuit. A good morning (some may even argue any good "meal") will have biscuits, but a great morning of course includes the gravy. So true is this tidbit that my sweet hubby made himself this delicacy one morning before work! (Was he gearing up for a good or bad day, I don't know.) That morning I figured I could no longer keep my children from certain evils in the world so I inducted them into the life of being biscuits & gravy connoisseurs.

Below reflects C's point of view on the tasty vitals.


The next photo says a 1000 words. Looks like there is a biscuit and gravy gene! J even went so far as to dip the biscuit in the gray matter, not to eat it but instead to lick the gravy off of his fingers.


And the grand finale of October...
My very own Raggedy Ann and Andy!




3 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun post Kristin! And I'm quite honored to be at the head of it! That really was so much fun seeing you and Kim again. Wish we could get together like that once a month. LOVED all of the pictures...especially the one of little Ragedy Ann and Andy - what darling costumes!
p.s. You could SO pull off those boots!

Elizabeth Miller Designs said...

YEAH.... Update! :) You're so much better at this than me :)

Unknown said...

Kristin, this is beautiful, makes me want to read and read and read!!!