? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

11 September 2010

Bone Marrow Drive


Melanie and Trystan

OK, perhaps my last blog was a bit dramatic.  My friend Tracey kept it real by reminding me, "It is only a cheek swab."  Ha!  So yes, the registering was very easy, andI am glad that I registered in person rather than mailing in the kit for a handful of reasons.
  • First, Melanie was there and so tickled to greet us!  It was like a party in her honor.  In fact, later that night she FaceBooked saying, "It was the party I always wanted to have."  She is amazing and a beautiful example of living from the perspective of Christ's truth for her rather than being stuck in earthly facts.
  • Second, I was really touched to see the support.  We were there for maybe 45 minutes for a 10 minute process due to the amount of people registering.  Yay!
  • Third, I learned some BIG time facts, which can explain my emotions in the last entry.  Turns out I was believing a lot of misconceptions and assumptions. I am very relieved I acted on how I was led rather than what I thought to be true. 
  • Fourth, it was the most meaningful date night Donald and I have ever had.  We left feeling even more grateful and with deeper compassion for people. 
  • Last but not least, I loved being contacted by a handful of people I reached out to that have already registered as donors.  I learned a lot and was touched by their humbleness! 
It may have only been a cheek swab and I may never get the call to save a life, but sending those cells to a Petri dish felt better than I ever imagined!


"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that."  -Eph. 5:1-2 (MSG)

1 comments:

Erin said...

Love that you did this Kristin! It's so true. Serving others brings more happiness than anything else. Thanks for the reminder. :)