? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

07 September 2010

Labor Day Weekend

"Come to me all those who labor..."  If Jesus didn't come to save us from our soul's labor, I'm not sure why He came.  Goodness knows my mind has travelled back and forth to twisted  land this week over a close loved one's turmoil while dealing with a 3 year old boy who wants to disassemble nearly every household assembled thing.  There are bigger worries in the world, but when it rains in your little corner it pours.  I am so thankful God is true to His Word and in His perfect timing brings refreshing when trusted for it.  This weekend my family had a ton of fun and I needed it. 

To start the weekend off Jacks and Caro went to their first Fluco football game with Donald and Grandpa.  Caroline's favorite part of the evening was when "the team we were cheering for got two home runs."  You  catch her drift, I am sure!  Jackson liked the blue boy with the blue hair that waved the flag.  Caroline tells me this was the mascot.  I'm guessing a "Flying Fluco" is up for interpretation.

Fluvanna vs. Madison

Saturday Caroline had her first Upwards soccer game which was SO FUN!  I never played soccer.  I was a total ballerina.  In fact, the idea of kids kicking at my shins never really appealed to me, so I was especially proud of Caroline for getting out there and going for it.  She reminded me of a sheep dog bouncing off the ground outside the mess of kids on top of the ball, hollering and pointing in the direction they should be moving.  My favorite quote of the weekend came from Caroline about what she and her pal were doing on the field:  "Talking about nothing for no reason." 





Saturday evening we went to the Valentines' annual Labor Day cookout.  This is no ordinary cookout.  This is an all out event with a hundred people at least, professional bouncy houses for the kids, frozen drink machines, food, food, food!  This year's theme was a luau and it was delicious!  It was especially great to catch up with old friends from Central Elementary.  There was a moment when I thought how fortunate I've been to spend the past 15 years sharing life with the same people.

After a great morning at FUBC on Sunday we took naps then  moseyed up the street to a neighborhood block party.  The kids had a ball sledding down the Hersmans' dirt hill!

Jackson, Ben, Bella, & Caroline

Monday afternoon we headed to Fredricksburg to surprise Mom.  One of our highlights was pulling over in Orange to watch the skydivers land.  I really think I'd like to do that some day.  In fact, I've planted the idea for Donald and I to take the plunge on our 40th.  Someone hold us to it!

Mom is one of the unfortunate laborers who is fortunately employed that had to work on Labor Day.  You should have seen her face as Caroline surprised her and her clients!  It was something between sheer delight and utter terror!  Priceless, and I wish I had been prepared with my camera.  While there my undemonstrative Donald plopped down on one of the leather sectionals on display and the words "Stop it!" rolled out of his mouth like water from a fire hydrant.  It CRACKED me up. I've never heard him react that way, but apparently it was pretty comfortable.  After spending some time with Mom, doing a little sales shopping at Khols, and eating too many rolls at Ryans we rode home into a beautiful sunset --feeling refreshed. 

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." -James 1:17

0 comments: