? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

17 September 2008

Out From Under The Dell

Yea, I did it! I fasted from Face Book today with the exception of 10 seconds upon which I accepted a friend's invitation to be her friend. See, pure goofiness.

It did help that my day was packed. I "did lunch" and birthday shopped with my friend Elizabeth (http://elizabethmiller.blogspot.com/). What a hoot it was to share life between the Red Robin balloon bouncing beneath our faces and shouts of "truck" and "S'cuse me, Mommy, s'cuse me!" thrown in between. Elizabeth was a trooper though taking Caroline under her wing and even shopping (although from afar) the men's department at Sears with me. Let's just say "she was there in spirit" while she and Caro hung out in the Lands End section. As a side note, does the thought of The Men's Department at Sears bore anyone else to tears?

Moving right along, my fam and I had a homemade dinner with a load of friends and other special folks at our church's Family Night. If someone had told me 10 years ago that Family Night at a church would be a highlight in our day, I would have absolutely rolled my eyes and laughed, probably abused the Lord's name and prayed that it would pass! Oh, God does move mountains!

Then to top off my day of real-live relationships I ran into my friend Cindy (
http://hersmanfamily.blogspot.com/) at Food Lion and we perused the coffee creamers together. It was great to have her unexpected company during a last minute, mundane errand. It's so true the simple things in life bring the greatest joy! She even stood by me when much to my embarrassment I realized that my driver's license was not present at checkout. I was there but not my only viable piece of identification which did not work as a credible excuse with the cashier. Does this strike anyone's funny bone or have my natural highlights gone to my gray matter? I admit I have this bad, bad habit of putting these things in my back pocket then forgetting where they are when I change my clothes.

So this ends my experimental day of getting away from the Dell and out there where my darlings are! So glad I did.

0 comments: